(Original source: cispaisback.org)
As it’s written in the version that passed the House, CISPA won’t protect us from cyber threats, but it will violate our 4th Amendment right to privacy.
- The NSA wants it badly because it will give them more access to your data, and give companies immunity for legally shaky programs like PRISM (read more)
- It lets the government spy on you without a warrant. (read more)
- It makes it so you can’t even find out about it after the fact. (read more)
- It makes it so companies can’t be sued when they do illegal things with your data. (read more)
- It allows corporations to cyber-attack each other and individuals outside of the law. (read more)
UPDATE! IDL launched the ‘Cat Signal’ on March 20th, over 30K sites participated including Reddit, Craigslist, and Duck Duck Go. Press Release.